Students with previous Master’s Degrees, other Degrees or Transferable Professional Experience may apply for Recognition and Transfer of credits.
Students can apply for the recognition of credits (ECTS) for:
Accreditation of transferable Professional Experience (up to 9 credits).
Professional experience may be validated by one or more subjects based on modules of English Language and Linguistics. They type of institution or company where teaching was conducted will be considered as well as the duration of the work completed.
- Completion of a Specific Degree to the University of Salamanca (Título Propio) (up to 9 credits).
Completion of a previous Master’s degree. In this case, the following will be considered:
- 24 ECTS to students who have completed a Master in Translation with English as the primary language.
- 24 ECTS to students who have completed a Master in Teaching in Secondary Education with a specialty in English.
- 15 ECTS to students who have completed a Master in Teaching in Secondary Education with a certified proficiency level of C1 in English.
- 9 ECTS students with proven teaching experience in public or state subsidized, privately managed schools (charter schools).
Students must demonstrate successful completion of courses with equivalent content, and they must authorize the application with the Master’s Academic Committee, which will evaluate and review the presented documentation and verify the correlation of skills and knowledge between institutions.
Procedure of Recognition and Transfer Credits of Previous Master’s Degrees, other Degrees (Specific Degrees to the University of Salamanca, Títulos Propios) or Transferable Professional Experience
- Register for 60 credits in the Master of Advance English Studies
- Complete the appropriate forms and apply for Transfer of Credits (the University will reimburse students for validated courses)
Register for the following compulsory courses:
- Complete a Master’s Thesis (12 CR.)
- “Writing a Research Paper” (3 CR.)